Social Media Curriculum
Social Media is the social interaction among people in which they create, share, or exchange information and ideas in virtual communities and networks. Social Media has introduced substantial and pervasive changes to the way organizations, communities and individuals communicate. Let us show you how to use Social Media and integrate it into your life so that it opens up new worlds and ways to communicate and stay connected.
Section 1 – Social Media Introduction
- Why would one want to use Social Media?
- Why Facebook for Your Business?
- Using Facebook as a Business
- Setting Up Your Business Page
- Setting Your Cover Photo
- Tying It All Together
Section 2 FaceBook (More)
- Facebook Settings
- Finding Facebook Friends
- How to Post on Facebook
- Posting on your Wall
- Posting on someone else’s wall
- Updating Your Page Info
- What are “Likes” and how to get them
Section 3: Twitter
- Setting up your Twitter account
- Limiting the Number of Actions
- Setting Your Twitter Preferences
- Finish Setting Up Your Profile
- Twitter Widgets
- Finding people or companies to follow
- Why would one want to follow a person?
- Why would one want to follow a company?
- What are #Hashtags?
- What are all of these #Hashtags scrolling on my TV?
- How to use #Hastags
- Twitter for Social Listening
Section 4: Pinterest
- Overview of Pinterest
- Who uses Pinterest
- How can Pinterest Increase Your Business?
- Industry Specific Sites
- How to use Pinterest
Section 5: LinkedIn
- Introduction to LinkedIn
- Interface & Settings
- LinkedIn Groups
- Basic Account Settings
- Your Private Profile
- Your Public Profile
- Posting your resume on LinkedIn
- The importance of an accurate resume
- LinkedIn Connections, Groups and Pages
- How to follow a company
- Why to Follow a company
Section 6: Google+
- Introduction to Google+
- Setting up your Google account
- Overview of the Interface
- Setting Up a Google Plus Page
- Linking Your Other Social Networks
- Notification Settings for Google+
- Photo Settings in Google+